Astana Garden School PRIMARY
is a junior school (grades 0 - 6) in which the curriculum is an integration of the state compulsory primary education standard, with the introduction of distinctive AGS components and Singapore Mathematics and Science.
AGS Primary offers subject areas such as languages, mathematics, arts, science, social studies, physical and personal development. Learning is based on authentic student exploration of interesting, fairly complex and globally significant "big ideas." Principles and practices of learning place the child at the center of the learning process as an "agent" of his or her own development, nurturing an independent and conscious learner.
The elementary school curriculum also emphasizes a transdisciplinary approach that allows children to see a holistic picture of the world and to build and confidently apply the universal skills necessary for lifelong learning.
In addition to traditional academic subjects, children are offered a variety of clubs and hobby clubs where students can develop their abilities in sports, literature, art, technology and engineering. Astana Garden School -
Astana Garden School is a high school (grades 7 - 11), the leader in preparation of students for admission to the best universities in the world as well as Nazarbayev University according to the talent and dream of everyone. Students go through a rich and competitive curriculum with an increased focus on:
- advanced English language acquisition
- practical preparation for the IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, NUFYPET tests
- project-oriented training
- social and emotional training
- moral education and inculcation of global and national values
- critical thinking
- mastering mathematics, especially when applied to real-world situations in business and science
- mastering the fundamental principles of the humanities and social sciences
- career guidance (studying the potential, interests and opportunities of the student, determining the trajectory of development, collecting a personal portfolio)
- self-training (working on mistakes, learning new material, passing trial tests, receiving feedback)
- social development (school events and clubs)
- sports development (healthy eating, sports sections, events and competitions)
- olympiad movement (intellectual Olympiads, events and competitions)
- leadership development (socially significant events, internships and school self-government)
- innovation development (startups and research projects)